Regional Parks / Park Use Permit Application

To All Park Use Permit Applicants

The current public health policy within the Province of British Columbia limits public gatherings. Park Permits can now be issued in accordance with the provincial limits on gatherings at the time of the scheduled event. This aligns with the provincial policy and ensures the safety of park visitors and our staff.  The Regional District will continue to monitor the situation and update any possible requirements as they are rolled out.  Updates will be posted here. Thank you for your cooperation. 


A Park Use Permit is required for planned activities/events or services proposed within a Regional District of Fraser-Fort George (RDFFG) park.

Permit applications requiring RDFFG Board approval must be received at least forty-five days prior to holding the event. Applications for events and activities not requiring Board approval may be received three days prior to the event.

The permit enables the RDFFG to manage activities so they do not have a negative impact on resources, facilities, operations, or the general public's safety and use of RDFFG parks.

There is no cost for obtaining a permit, however, a damage deposit and/or site preparation/cleanup fee may be required.

To apply for a Park Use Permit in person or by mail:

  1. Fill in a Park Use Permit application form with attached Release and Indemnification.
  2. Return form to the RDFFG.


To apply for a Park Use Permit on-line:

  1. Complete all fields in the form below.
  2. Read and understand the Release and Indemnification.
  3. Click on "Submit".

If you have any questions please contact us.

eg. Shelter, specific picnic area?
This will determine the cost charged.
Alcoholic Beverages and Fire Works Display are prohibited

Comprehensive and General Liability Insurance

Comprehensive General Liability Insurance may be required. If required, proof of insurance must be submitted prior to the issuance of the permit.

Water Surfaces

The Regional District does not manage water surface and activities. However, if you are holding a water based activity, but need land based facilities such as picnic shelter or other reservable park space, a permit is required.

Release and Indemnification

By submitting this application you have read, understood and agree to the following:

In consideration of the participants rights to participate in events and otherwise use Regional District of Fraser- Fort George Parks lands and facilities, assumes all risks and hazards incidental to such participation and use and agrees to release, absolve, save harmless and keep indemnified the Regional District of Fraser- Fort George and its officers, employees, officials, agents, servants, and representatives from and against all claims, actions, costs, expenses and demands with respect to death, injury, loss or damage to the person or property of the participant, howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the participants taking part in the event. It is understood that this agreement is to be binding on myself, my heirs, executors and assigns.