Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act is a provincial law that balances:
- Your right to access government information.
- Your right to have the personal information collected from you by the Regional District protected.
How do I request information from the Regional District?
Records may be routine (do not contain personal information or other information not releasable under provincial legislation) and are identified on the Regional District Routine Records Listing. These records do not require a formal request for information to be completed and submitted. These records may be obtained by calling the Main Office at (250) 960-4400 and asking for the relevant department.
To request Non-Routine Records (contain personal information or other information not releasable under provincial legislation) a formal request must be submitted in writing. The formal request for information form may be printed, scanned and emailed, or printed and delivered in person, by mail, email or fax to:
Regional District of Fraser-Fort George
3rd Floor - 155 George Street
Prince George, BC V2L 1P8
Confidential Fax: 250-563-7520
- Viewing or obtaining a copy of building plans may only be done upon receipt of written consent of the existing property owner.
Tips for Completing Request for Information Form
- ensure all sections are completed
- be as concise as possible with regard to the records or information being requested
- if printing and hand filling the form, please print or write legibly