PLEASE READ PRIOR TO RETURNING TO THE FACILITY
The Recreation Centre Arena and the Exercise Room hours are subject to frequent changes under COVID-19 Provincial Health Orders and WorkSafeBC regulations. Please call the Arena for the latest facility hours.
Use of the Arena and Exercise Room requires an appointment. To book an appointment please call 250-566-4740.
- Face masks are required in all areas of the facility, except when using exercise equipment.
- Adult Team Sports are suspended until further notice, including Adult Hockey, Pond Hockey, Stick Time and Lawn Bowling.
- Open ice time is available by appointment. For adults this means leisure skating only. Maximum 6 people for open skating times.
- If all participants for open ice time are not from the same “bubble”, they must all wear masks – on and off ice.
- Child and youth programs, figure skating, minor hockey, open skate (check facility for open skate times), continue.
Due to Provincial Health Regulations, spectators are not allowed at any sport activities. The only people allowed are those providing care to a participant or player (e.g. first aid).
For open ice group bookings, if there are more than 2 children below 6 years of age, 1 additional caregiver can be included as part of the booking and is included in the pre-booking count and all pre-screening activities. The caregiver must remain within the confines of the dressing spot and wear a mask at all times.
Canoe Valley Recreation Centre Schedule
- Appointments will take priority over "Walk-Ins"
- Maximum of 6 people permitted at one time, for Open Skating
- Shower facilities are unavailable at this time
- Skate rentals are unavailable at this time
- Skate sharpening is available in reduced capacity:
- Drop off Thursday - pick up Monday after 2pm
- Drop off Saturday - pick up Wednesday after 2pm
- Walk-ins for the fitness facility may be permitted provided maximum occupancy (under our COVID-19 Safety Plan) has not been met
- Reduced Facility Capacity: Maximum of 3 people in the Exercise Room
- You must bring your own water, towels, etc.
- Showers are unavailable at this time
RECREATION CENTRE COVID-19 OPERATIONS - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- "Regular" COVID procedures and screening apply for all who are entering the facilities
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing
- Increased physical distancing
- Reduced capacity
- Reduced operating hours
General Facility Information
The Canoe Valley Recreation Centre is open year round at 100 Elm Street, Valemount, in the beautiful Canoe Valley.
From September through April ice recreational services include hockey, figure skating and public skating.
In the off-season the arena is available for a multitude of activities such as badminton, tennis, pickle ball, floor hockey and indoor soccer. At this time the walking track is CLOSED.
If you are interested in renting the Recreation Centre for an event, contact the facility for more information at 250-566-4740. Staff will be happy to discuss your rental needs and help complete a rental agreement.
- All events and organized recreational activities booked at the Recreation Centre require Event Insurance to a minimum value of $3,000,000 Commercial General Liability. At Regional District's discretion more CGL can be required depending on the type of event and activities taking place. Event organizers are encouraged to shop around for event insurance with insurance agents or at https://miabc.eventpolicy.ca/ *
- If guests will be dining, consult Northern Interior Health for guidelines and regulations.
- If alcoholic beverages will be served, consult the BC Liquor Board for guidelines and regulations.
Facility Manager: Lyle Lewis
* For information only and does not indicate the Regional District's endorsement of a particular company, product, or website