These are the terms and conditions of the use of the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George’s web mapping application ”RDGeo”, Data Catalogue and the PDF Maps sites:
This is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or an entity) and the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George (“the Regional District”). Before downloading GIS data/Maps or using the RDGeo application you should carefully read the following terms and conditions. Downloading GIS data/Maps and/or using RDGeo indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. In view of the temporal (i.e. changes of time) nature of the data, it is the responsibility of the acquirer of the data to advise users of the age and status of the data. This Web site represents a one-time capture of information as it existed when transferred to this Web site and does not necessarily include ongoing updates or corrections to the source database maintained by the Regional District, or other agencies, and included for the Regional District’s internal purposes.
2. Although the Regional District has used considerable effort in preparing the information available in RDGeo and the Data/Maps Catalogue sites, the Regional District does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any information available through this service. Furthermore, the Regional District does not guarantee in any way that it is providing all the information that may be available.
3. The Regional District shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury caused in whole or part by the Regional District in procuring, compiling, or delivering these services and any information through these services. In no event will the Regional District be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance on these services.
4. The Regional District does not warrant that RDGeo or the Data/Maps Download sites will function without error, failure or interruption.
5. All right and title to the data remain with the Regional District.
6. Where a conflict between the information on this web site and information contained in any other records of the Regional District or documents that may be prepared by or delivered to the Regional District, the Regional District reserves the right to rely in all cases upon the record which it considers to be the most accurate and complete.
7. The user will use this Web site only for the user's own internal business and personal purposes and may not resell, sub-licence or operate a service bureau using this Web site, or otherwise reproduce, publish or disseminate this Web site for commercial purposes, without the prior written consent of the Regional District.
8. The maps provided are a composite of data from many sources. While all reasonable efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and currency of these maps, the Regional District makes no warranties regarding their suitability for a particular purpose, nor for the validity of the base data from which they were compiled. Reliance on this information without verification from original records is done at the user’s own risk.